Thursday, June 28, 2007

What's new?

Ok, enough with the delay in posting. Going back to work threw what little I had of a schedule out of whack, and I haven't had a chance to do much on the blog. Though fear not, trusty readers, for I am back, and wait until you see the latest pics.

However, before I get to that, a couple of news bits. First off, it looks like Lucas is probably out of harm's way with regards to jaundice. He went back to the doctor earlier this week and his levels were about the same as they were from last week. Supposedly, this is good since the doctor peoples only get anxious if the levels go back up. So Marilu is to continue feeding him every 3 hours (that girl has definitely learned to catnap) and we try to keep him in the window for sunlight during the day. He's definitely looking better now as that fake tan look has mostly disappeared and he's usually a nice baby pink.

The other news is that today is our 4th wedding anniversary! So for all of those who bet against us, pay up! Marilu and I went to a steak place near us (Al's Steak House, for those of you in Ottawa), and as per usual, I ate too much. Good thing I only got the 10 oz filet mignon and not the 16. Can you believe that? A 16 oz filet mignon?! I have seen the future and it is massive portions of meat.

Enough about that and on to the pictures...right after this. Since Lucas's birth, a lot of people have sent their congratulations via comments, emails, Facebook, and any number of other sources. I want to say that I haven't been ignoring you guys; it's just been a busy time. This weekend, I'm planning to put some time aside, and I'm writing back to each and every one of you. Never let it be said Big Daddy Deal (wow, that is literal now) was negligent when it came to his friends and family.

Ok, we FINALLY reach the pictures. If cuteness could kill, this one would wipe out at least a mid-sized city:


This one just kills me. If the sunglasses and mouth expression don't get you, the "Tax Deduction" shirt ought to at least elicit a chuckle (if you hadn't already figured it out, click the picture for a better view). Thanks to my best friend from high school (and soon-to-be Lucas's godfather) Jason for that purchase:


We've already seen MY mom with Lucas, so why not a picture with Marilu's mom, who arrived into Ottawa on Monday...or was it Tuesday?...it's all a blur lately.


Here I am with Lucas as we prepare for his very first stroller walk. Since then, we've been on three of them, and I'm starting to suspect the walk is basically just exercise for me. Each time, as soon as we start moving, Lucas has been out like a light. Good to see he's already lazy like his old man.


And finally, one we took today before Marilu and I headed out to our anniversary dinner, leaving the little screamer with Marilu's mom. Probably not one of his finest photos since he was gearing up for a yell, but damn if we ain't looking dead sexy.


As always, these and all of the other pics/videos I've taken of Lucas and company in the last 2 weeks can be found at our photo album website. Either click the link at the upper right part of this page or click here to go there.

1 comment:

Kimmers said...

Nice to see SOMEBODY's hair got a trim... :)