Monday, June 25, 2007

Baths and Trips! Oh My!

Sunday was another day of firsts for Lucas as he had his first full bath at home as well as his first trip for the first birthday of Carter (Christine and Jay's son). Lucas did a pretty good job with the bath, keeping his crying to a minimum until the very end. In the never-ending display of humiliating goodness, here's a video of the monkey getting his back washed:

Lucas in the bath

His little towel afterwards wasn't quite as bad as the duck one from a few days back, but it's definitely of the cheek-pinching cute variety:



And of course, what would a trip be without a new blue outfit on?


Finally, never let it be said I wasn't the responsible dad:


By the way, I'd like to go on record as saying that changing diapers isn't quite the psychological torture that I once thought it might be. In fact, if you'd asked me 5-10 years ago my number one reason for not wanting kids, I believe "changing diapers" would be right up there with "too much responsibility" and "say what? I only act age 10 myself." Anyway, after a few nasty diaper changes under my belt, I can say that while it's not something I would want to change careers for (although it may be better than that job at the tool and dye factory in 1989), it's survivable. Although feel free to come ask me about diaper changing again, once he started eating solids and the smells and textures rise to a new level.

1 comment:

Christie O. said...

I still have some that make me gag. hahaha! Congrats on little Lucas' homecoming, we're so glad everything went smoothly with the lamps! He is such a cutie. Yay Deals!!!