Friday, June 15, 2007

What's in a name?

For those of you reading the comments to these blog entries, you may have seen this gem from the lovely Marissa a few entries down:
So I guess the question that will be on everyone's mind tomorrow & the next day will be (drum roll please...) "Marilu & Justin: Deal? or No Deal?"

I'll have you know that this isn't the first time a game show has crossed paths with a Deal baby. Way back when, my mom told me about the time she and my dad almost went on the game show "Let's Make a Deal." For those of you unfamiliar with the show, audience members would dress up in zany costumes to try and get called on stage to make a deal and win some money. Well, if I have the story right, my parents were going to cover themselves with pictures of me and carry a sign saying, "We made a Deal!" Thankfully, they thought better of it, and I don't have to live down the shameful memory, other than as a story of what could have been.

Speaking of shame, Marilu felt that if I were going to post less-than-flattering pictures of her from the final days of the pregnancy, it was only fair that I show my less gorgeous side (yeah, I know it's hard to believe there is a side of me that isn't Brad Pitt-like).

So without further adieu, a picture of me from about a week or two ago where I combed all my curly hair up for maximum volume. Keep in mind I haven't cut my hair since Decemeber, hence the poof.


My poor child. What an embarrassment I'm gonna be. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still think "Dylan Noah Deal" is a great boys name. Bet Howie would give you a contestant spot on the show if you used it. Of course if it's too obscure, you could just use "Dealer Noe Deal". :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I wouldn't be too concerned about being an embarrassment to your child... s/he will find many, many ways to make it up to you!

Anonymous said...

Um...you look startlingly similar to Beethoven when your hair is like that.
~Kim (justjones)