Thursday, June 14, 2007

Not just yet

So we're back from the hospital, and no baby yet. Apparently, the pills they had Marilu take yesterday afternoon and this morning worked and her blood pressure dropped quite a bit. Yesterday, it was 157/98 and today the two readings were something over 88 and then something over 77 (I guess the lower number is the important one?).

As a result, the doctor told us to head home. He wants her to stop taking the blood pressure pills and then we'll return in the morning (bright and early at 7:30) and have it checked again. I'm not sure I understand the logic, but if it's back up, that just means the pills are masking the high blood pressure. But isn't that the point of the pills to keep it down? Eh, I'm just a caveman, and I don't understand your fancy electronic equipment and medical jargon.

The long and short of it is that if her blood pressure goes back up, she'll likely be induced. If not, we wait a few more days. According to the doctor she sees each week, she'll probably be induced on Tuesday at the latest, regardless of what is going on with her arteries and veins. So odds are we'll have a baby this time next week.

I'm going to try and transfer some pics from her PC to mine later tonight so you can see some more belly shots and whatever else I can find. I even have some where we compare both of our bellies. I'm sure very few of you realize I'm in my 34th trimester.

No comments: