Monday, July 2, 2007

Relaxation

Ah, the glory of the 3-day weekend. The sheer majesty. For those of you unaware south of the border, July 1 is Canada Day--basically Canada's version of the 4th--and since it fell on a Sunday this year, we get the Monday off. Throw in the fact that I'm also taking the 4th as a vacation day, and it's going to be a nice, short week. Really, is there anything better than not working?

In honor of Canada Day, we dressed Lucas up in a red Canada onesie (I think that's the correct spelling) yesterday. Check out the patriotic half-Canadian below:


Rest assured, since he's got my blood running in his veins (and arteries and probably those little capillaries too), he'll also be sporting some American colors this Wednesday.

Lucas has become a lot more active over the last week, which I suppose is to be expected. He can't quite turn himself over yet, but he's getting there. He does particularly well on his playmat, reaching out for the dangling toy pieces. Here's a picture of him in action:


It occurred to me that while I've taken plenty of pictures of Lucas and his adventures, such as they are, I've neglected to post any pictures of his room. Since we finally put up the last piece of it yesterday, I'll try and get some shots later and post them on here later tonight. For now, we're about to head off for a walk with Lucas. I leave you with his full outfit from yesterday:

No comments: