Thursday, June 14, 2007

And the plot changes yet again

This may come as a surprise, but the whole pregnancy thing isn't glamorous. Yeah, shocking, huh? In one of her less glamorous moments during the latter stages of the pregnancy, Marilu had to collect her urine for a 24-hour period so it could be analyzed for its protein level. Apparently, a high level of protein indicates that there is stress on her kidneys by something or another, and basically, this is not something that is desired by the medical staff. (The More You Know...)

So the resident obstetrician (I think I got that right...feel free to correct me if that's like the elbow doctor or some type of large flightless bird) called us around 8 or so to let us know that Marilu's Bucket O' Pee contained enough protein that it makes it wise to induce tomorrow morning. As I mentioned earlier, we were already planning to head that way for another blood pressure test; now it looks like our stay will be a wee bit longer.

This whole late pregnancy thing is starting to remind me of New England weather. If you don't like it, just wait 15 minutes and everything will be different. At this point, I guess we'll have a baby within the next 24-48 hours. If things change, y'all will be amongst the first to know. In the meantime, here's a picture of Marilu from today's stress test. Doesn't she look like she's having a blast?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! So I guess the question that will be on everyone's mind tomorrow & the next day will be (drum roll please...) "Marilu & Justin: Deal? or No Deal?"

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! I'm NOT ANONYMOUS! It's Marissa... Sorry - I'm not an experienced blogger