Monday, August 6, 2007

Yes, you may call me lazy

It's been a few days since my last post, but I have a sure-fire excuse: 3-day weekend! If you ever need me to do something, don't make your request on or near a holiday weekend. As sloth-like as I am during an average weekend, the prospect of three days of no work makes me so giddy that I may just lapse into a coma.

What 3 day weekend, you say? You're looking at your desk calendar and thinking I'm making this up? Not so, true disbeliever. In the fine province of Ontario, on Monday we get a civic holiday. Why? According to Wikipedia, depending on where you are in Ontario, it signifies different things and goes by various names. Odd, huh? In Ottawa, it's Colonel By Day. On the ridiculously slim chance you care to know more about the good colonel, feel free to read up on him here: John By. Note that I haven't examined that webpage thoroughly so if it devolves into a lively debate of animal husbandry halfway through, well, don't say I didn't warn you.

Anyway, I've just updated the photo albums with several photos, some of which will find their way to this blog shortly. Since it's after 1 AM at the moment, I'm just hitting up Friday night's pictures for now and will return to finish off Saturday and Sunday sometime tomorrow.

As one may assume, heading into a holiday weekend, Friday was an extraordinarily lazy day after I got home from work. Lucas and I can attest to this:


Afterwards, Lucas was kind enough to show off that award-winning charisma for the camera. On a related note, anyone know an easy way to get rid of red eye in these photos? Key word being "easy" since I feel like a damned caveman anytime I so much as look at the bullet list of features in Photoshop.


The thinker...


And this one makes me think that he should be playing the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland: "Off with her head!"

No comments: