Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dad's Night

I got a reprieve from the munchkin tonight since he's off with Marilu at her monthly book club. I haven't been terribly productive with my free time, basically just sitting on my butt watching a couple of episodes of Stargate SG-1 that I downloaded a while back. Oh, I did water my miserable-looking front lawn so at least there was some physical movement on my behalf.

We took some good pictures of Lucas earlier and may have even caught an elusive smile on camera. He's finally reached the point where he's smiling for reasons other than having gas. We've even found that we can get him to repeat smiles by making noises or faces at him. It's totally worth it to make a complete ass of one's self for several minutes just to get that 5 second smile. Heck, he even had what sounded like a laugh earlier, but that's probably just unbound optimism on my behalf. I'd post some of those pictures now, but Marilu has the camera so I'll have to wait until later tonight to put new pics up.

On a completely unrelated baby note, I finally got around to finishing the last Harry Potter book earlier this afternoon (whereas Marilu finished it about 4-5 days after it was released). I felt the book got really bogged down in the middle, and I'm still not all that impressed with the explanations behind various characters' motives, but all in all, it was a good series that wrapped up with quite a bang. No spoilers here, other than to say, "Wow, can you believe Soylent Green is Muggle?"

Thank you, thank you, I'll be doing obscure references all week. Be sure to tip the waitstaff!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. It's a laugh, really!
2. Don't believe that "it's just gas" crap... babies DO smile right away.
3. Of course it's worth 5-60 mins of being a fool for a 5 sec smile! Being a fool is GOOD for you!
4. Green was a Muggle? Are you sure?!?
5. 2 days for me, once I got the book in my hands. And agree with your assessment, bogged in the middle, overall the whole thing was a fun ride.