Wednesday, July 18, 2007

M.I.A.

Aaaaaaaaaand we're back. So much for the update on pictures on Monday night. When we got home from the movie (which I recommend, especially for fathers-to-be who like immature humor), we couldn't get Lucas to give us a good pose. Scratch that. Marilu did get a good pose, which you'll see below. However, it was taken earlier in the day, and I didn't realize it was on the camera. As a result, I decided to wait the next day to get a better picture myself.

On top of that, I was unavailable to post anything last night since we ran into computer issues. I was trying to get our laptop to work on the TV so we could watch all the TV shows I've downloaded lately (oh, I'm sure it's legal...in China), and I used the analog monitor cord from Marilu's PC and monitor. I couldn't get the laptop thing to work, and then when I hooked her cord back up, nothing. Her monitor refused to recognize the analog cable. After a couple of hours of swearing at the monitors and swearing to become the next Unabomber, I figured out that her monitor would work with the DVI digital cable from my computer. However, the analog one didn't work with mine either. Even though it did last time I used it. I even tried a different analog cord with both computers, but nada, nothing. I'm guessing I'm just stupid and missing something completely obvious, but I can't figure out how both of our computers/monitors stopped accepting analog signals. Any tech heads out there have any ideas?

Ok, now that I've gone completely off-track, the summary of what we've read so far is that I didn't post pictures on Monday night since I didn't have a good one, and I didn't post last night due to computer issues. There, easy enough. On to the pictures...

Here's the picture Marilu took of Lucas that shows what a fine looking one monther he is. For comparison purposes, it's followed by one of the first clothed photos taken of him from his very first day. Inexplicably, he is still pooping and crying. Crazy, huh?



For what it's worth, I don't see a lot of size difference (even though 2 lbs is a lot for a baby), but he's definitely more animated.

Finally, here's Lucas in two shots, one with Dad and one with Mom. I think the one with Marilu is fantastic, for what it's worth. Lucas actually cooperated with a picture for once. Amusingly enough, that's picture #666 on our new camera.



Tomorrow, I'll finally be posting shots of Lucas's room that I promised a week or two ago. I took them earlier tonight, and if you can't handle the anticipation, they are already uploaded to the online photo album.

No comments: