Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Lucas's serious side

It appears Lucas is starting to warm up to the camera. I was taking pictures of him post-bath earlier and for the most part, he was just staring at the camera. This is probably my new favorite picture of him (serious one, that is...you just can't beat the sunglasses):


For several more from this series, check out the photo album. He was definitely hamming it up earlier.

I forgot to mention this the other day, but the general health nurse came out earlier this week. I'm not sure if this happens down in the States, but a couple of weeks after your baby is born in Canada, a nurse visits your house to check on the baby and see how he/she is doing. The nurse also checks out your setup, offers suggestions, and answers any questions one might have for her. All in all, a good follow-up to the hospital stay.

Well, the reason I bring this up is that she weighed Lucas and he was up to 7 lbs, 15 oz! If you remember, his birth weight was 7 lbs, 3 oz, and at the worst point of the jaundice episode, he'd dropped to 6 lbs, 9 oz, so this was great news. Not only has he pretty much put the jaundice behind him, but he obviously has an appetite and is starting to grow. No big surprise, I suppose, given my ever-growing gut.

In other news that is only tangentially related to the baby, I finally got my Father's Day present from Marilu: a Nintendo Wii. For those of you unfamiliar with next gen video game consoles, you play the Wii with motion-sensitive controls so rather than use a traditional joystick or gamepad, now you're flailing around the room, throwing your arms to and fro, all in an attempt to jump over things, hit tennis balls, or whatever it is that the game requires. The irony was not lost on me that my flailing around will make me look all the more like my squirming son.

No comments: