Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Update

On Friday, Marilu attended her first strollercising session. As you might imply from the name, it's a way for new moms to meet up and get some fitness in, all while accompanied by their rugrats. Based on the pictures she took, they walk with the strollers for a while, and then wrap up with some light exercise (hence, strollercise, I suppose). I'll admit I've never heard the term before, but I can't imagine this activity is unique to Ottawa. One of the highlights of her story for me was when she said that 10-15 moms were breastfeeding under a tree at one point. That must have been a sight. Anyway, here's a picture from the exercise portion of strollercise:


Saturday was a fairly quiet day, although I did get to the gym for the first time in recent memory, so way to go, me. I did take quite a few pictures of Lucas, all of which are now in his photo album. Some of the highlights follow.

Although we've got Lucas sleeping in his own crib, I thought these pictures of him and our king-sized bed all to himself were amusing. Just a quick note: you may want to click on the first picture in order to enlarge the picture and see Lucas clearer.



Here he is, posing in an outfit that he wore for the first time on Saturday:


Oh, I almost forgot. Lucas hit 6 weeks yesterday! Amazing, ain't it? The crazy thing about that is that if we were still living in the States, Marilu would be heading back to work this week (in most places, and if she wasn't a teacher on summer vacation). For those of you south of the border who are unaware, maternity leave in Canada is a full year. I'm pretty patriotic when it comes to the U.S., but this is one time where I think Canada definitely has us beat. Anyway, here's a cake Tanya brought when she came over for dinner last night.


Finally, I'll wrap up with a couple of pictures of Lucas with his Auntie Tanya (technically Marilu's cousin but with the lack of real aunts right now, we're sticking with that!):



Now we're off to walk the little poop machine since he's being a tad fussy and that usually mellows him out. Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Justin and Marilu. Both of you on the fitness trail again!

Terrific picture of Lucas in that BIG bed.

Hooray to auntie Tanya for the cake and 6 week celebration. Happy 6 weeks Lucas!