Sunday, July 27, 2008

While we were gone

I'm not sure if I mentioned this in my cruise post a couple of weeks back, but our cruise got off to a less than stellar start due to the fact that we forgot our camera and videocamera back at the house. As a result, we had to hunt down a Best Buy in Manhattan the night before the cruise left and buy a new camera. It's not wasted money though since my mom needed a new camera so she's just going to buy the new one off of us next time we see her, which should be in August.

Anyway, the point of the whole story is that while we were on the cruise, Marilu's mom used the camera to take a bunch of pictures of Lucas. Below, you'll find some of the highlights.

Looks like we caught a baby in our hamper trap.


Even though he's still working out the mechanics of walking, Lucas has become an expert climber. For whatever reason, here he decided to climb on top of his little pinball toy. Why ask why.


In between our stairs and the wall, there is a very small space, in which it appears a baby can fit. Here Lucas demonstrates both his squeezing and climbing abilities as he climbs the stairs from the wrong side.


A couple of more pictures from the next day of Lucas in that little crawlspace. I like his face in the first one...cute. In the second one, if you look closely, it looks like he's in baby jail.



Sometimes, a baby just needs to get serious.


In this picture, Lucas is visibly excited to be sitting with his cousin. Second cousin, maybe? His dad is brother to Marilu's mom. Those of you who thrive on genealogy trees can probably tell me the right answer.


And here's the best of the bunch. This was Lucas's face when we took a picture after we got home. It's good to feel loved. :) For what it's worth, this is now one of my top 5 favorite family photos.


Next post will have photos from July 13 onward so I'm almost caught up. Yeah, it's 2 weeks back, but we haven't had that many photos of him so it shouldn't take more than a week to get caught up. Let's see if I say the same thing this time next Sunday.

That reminds me, Marilu and Tanya are off to Toronto to see the Dirty Dancing musical next weekend so it'll be just me and Lucas overnight for the first time. I predict nothing but smooth sailing, but he'll probably pick that weekend to go nuclear when I put him to bed. Oh well, keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: