Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pictures from the party - Part 1

If you recall, I posted some pictures of Lucas from his birthday party on June 14 since I figured it would be a while before I had a chance to get to the rest of them. Considering it's now June 30 (and July 8 when this actually shows up), it turns out that was a good idea. So, for your viewing pleasure, this entry and tomorrow's entry will be devoted to all of the other happenings at the party.

Woohoo, some of the stuff Lucas can't use yet is finally being used by other kids! In particular, the slide (which he still needs assistance with) and one of his cars (which he still tends to slide off due to short legs).


Apparently, Lucas felt the need to claim his castle, even if he still needs a helping hand (Marilu in the background) to ensure he doesn't tumble off of it.


I can't tell whether Genevieve is playing with Elmo or just leaning on him as she tells another kid off with the tongue hanging out of her mouth.


Our next-door neighbor Tyler mugs for the camera.


Logan and his mom Sherry (Sherri? Sheri? dang multiple spellings) also pose for the camera. Well, technically, Logan is posing while Sher(r)(i)(y) stares lovingly at Logan, but you get the idea.


I don't recognize the cup Lucas is using here so I suspect he might have absconded with another child's food/drink. It would certainly explain the guilty look on his face. Of course, I'm probably wrong, and Marilu will make sure I realize that once she reads this.


Half of Kelly's head and her newborn Carson, who I believe was the youngest baby at the party.


I just realized it's going to take 3 or 4 parts to accurately represent the party since I have to pick from around 160 photos. As such, I'm gonna wrap this entry up and add to it some more tomorrow.

Cruise update: Sigh...unless I've left the ship to become a catamaran captain in the last few days, we're somewhere in the Atlantic on our way back to New York City. I'm sure I'm slightly down, knowing the trip will soon be over, but if I know me (and after 37 years, I probably should), I'm awash in adult beverages that are helping keep up my spirits. (egad, yet another pun).

No comments: