Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Not impressed

I just submitted the following comment to Little Tikes on the customer support section of their website:

"In late April, I purchased the SwingAlong Castle from our local Toys R Us. While putting it together, I realized it was missing piece O, which is required for the swing. I contacted customer support via the phone number in the assembly instructions and was told I would be sent a new part, and that it would arrive by the end of May.

In early June, I still had not received the part so I called customer support again and was told that the package didn't arrive due to problems with my postal code. I've never had a problem receiving mail from the US to this postal code before so I'm not sure what the problem was. I also didn't understand why I wasn't contacted when the package was rejected. I only found out when I called for an update. I was then told that the part would be sent again and would arrive in 7-10 business days. This was somewhat of a disappointment as it would be arriving after our son's first birthday party so we would not be able to use it.

It is now mid-July, and I still have not received either the part or any explanation as to why it isn't here. It has been almost three months to the day since I purchased your product and it's still sitting half built with no swing. I am extremely disappointed with the service I've received while trying to resolve this issue and would like some kind of closure. Please contact me as soon as possible to let me know what the status is on this missing part. At this rate, summer will be over before my child has a chance to use the swing. I look forward to your response."

Suffice to say, unless they wow me with their response to my comment, we won't be giving Little Tikes our business anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If that doesn't work you might have to have all your friends write in and tell Little Tykes they're done with them also. Nothing like the masses to scare the big boys.

Good luck,
Mom
PS There's also the Attorney letter that usual gets them going.