Sunday, July 20, 2008

Swimming pool and other things

One of the outdoor gifts Lucas got for his birthday was a swimming pool/sandbox from his "Aunt" Tanya. We made use of it almost immediately, filling it up the day after his birthday party. As you can see below, he had a good time with it.

Lucas starts out by testing out the waters. Seems okay though he hasn't really figured out yet that when he splashes the water hard, the water usually ends up on him.



After several minutes of splashing, he finally plops down into the pool. If you look closely at his face when he first sits in the water, the expression is priceless.


A close-up of the wet kid.


After his swim, Lucas gets toweled off by my mom. I didn't notice it before, but I do believe the little bugger is blowing a raspberry at the camera.


Starting a little over a month ago, whenever I lie on my back on the ground, Lucas comes over, pulls up my shirt and either blows on my belly or investigates my belly button. Strange kid. Btw, try to ignore the massive belly; the cruise sure didn't help that.


"Mom, I think these are too big!"


The dual purpose birthday gift. Yes, it holds all of his Mega Blocks, but apparently, it also makes a perfectly good seat.


After his swim in the pool, Lucas was disrobed and we took this video of his naked hijinks. I get a kick out of his inadvertent modesty.



In case you are wondering why Marilu was crawling around in high heels in that last video, she had injured her achilles tendon in a soccer game, and it was less painful to walk with a heel than flatfoot. Just in case you thought we were doing fashion shows in our living room or something.

No comments: