Sunday, October 14, 2007

Welcome to Massachusetts, Lucas!

Last Saturday, my mom threw a party for Lucas to introduce him to all his family and friends in Massachusetts. There was a great turn-out and we got to see plenty of people we haven't seen in years. I'm including some of the highlights below, but if you want to see all of the pics from the party, check out the photo album here.

First off, a shot of the room my mom reserved for the party. It was at a place called The Lodge in my mom's hometown of Webster. We definitely had a good time, and I wouldn't mind going back there for dinner next time I'm in town.


For the life of me, I couldn't get a picture of Lucas and his great Uncle Randy where both of them were looking at me, so I settled on this one of them both looking like they were having fun.


Unlike Marilu, I have very few cousins. In fact, compared to her 30-40 first cousins (or whatever it is), I have but 2. Below, Lucas poses first with Greg and then John. Trust me, it's a lot easier to keep track of family relations this way. :)



This was one of the neatest pictures of the day. It's of the youngest member of the family with the oldest. Lucas is about 3 1/2 months old, and my great Aunt Julie will be 103 this coming January. They both look great here.


My mom surprised Marilu with a birthday cake for her upcoming birthday on Oct 24. It's gonna be the big 3-0, so we figured we'd include a celebration of that with Lucas's party (if 30 could be considered something worth celebrating..haha).


Funny story about the next picture. When we held Lucas up to Maggie here, his face broke out into a big smile, the little flirt. Of course, as girls are wont to do, she played hard to get and just scowled back at him. Poor Lucas. But there are plenty of other 6 month olds out there, little buddy. :)


Family friends Nancy and Bobby with Lucas and their own grandson.


Kevin sitting with Jared, who is pretending to drink my Guinness aka the best drink in the history of mankind.


Great picture of Marilu and Lucas, all smiles, followed by one of the three of us.



Ok, we didn't pick the ideal lighting conditions for this last photo from the party, but at least there's a bunch of us in it. Quantity over quality, the American way! :)


Afterwards, we took a few more pictures when we got back to my mom and Kevin's place. My caption for this next picture is, "You're not alone, Lucas. I don't want to root for the Steelers either."


And we finish out last Saturday with one more group shot:

No comments: