Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Massachusetts Holiday

Without any further adieu, let's begin tracking Lucas's Massachusetts adventure...

As we almost always do during our trips to Syracuse, we stopped in Watertown for breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. The picture below, taken at that Cracker Barrel, is Lucas's very first picture in the good ol' US of A.


Lucas and the first of his three uncles, my brother Jared. He should be meeting his second uncle, Marilu's brother Jonathan, this coming weekend when he comes to visit.


If you thought one lobster was bad...


...just wait 'til you piss off his whole family! :)


For what it's worth, my parents took a picture of me in a similar pose (ie, surrounded by lobsters) when I was not far from Lucas's age. So consider the last picture an homage of sorts.

We spent Thursday night at the cottage on Webster Lake. For those of you from Webster, we spent Thursday night at the cottage on Lake Chargoggagoggmanchaugagoggchaubunagungamaug. No, I'm not making that name up. I took several pictures of Lucas in his new Bumbo, mostly to test out various camera modes, but some of them came out pretty well. For those of you unfamiliar with Bumbos, they are these really cool baby seats that enable a baby to sit upright long before they normally would. Now Lucas can actually spend dinner at the table with us instead of lying on the ground staring at the ceiling. It must be fairly comfortable too as he seems happy most of the time while sitting in it.



Another one with Uncle Jared. Check out the bib. :)


Friday night, Lucas got to visit one of my favorite restaurants in the world: Wright's Farm Restaurant. It's all-you-can-eat, which is never bad, but on top of that, it's the best rotisserie chicken I've ever had. I've been eating there since I was a kid, and I've yet to eat a chicken that is even half as good as Wright's. If you're ever in Rhode Island, check it out. Here's a couple of pictures of Lucas hanging out on the table at Wright's. Gotta love the Bumbo! (I have a feeling that's not the last time I'll say that)



Later on that night, we put Lucas to bed, and when we checked in on him a little later, he'd decided to make himself a little more comfortable. This picture still makes me laugh.


Saturday was Lucas's party, and I took a LOT of pictures then. As a result, I'll wait and post those in a new entry tomorrow. Later!

1 comment:

JP said...

The bumbo chairs are pretty cool. We borrowed one from a friend for Connor. He seems to like it a lot. We have been using it to feed him instead of using the high chair. Works great. I also seems to be a favorite place for Connor to uhh do some business as well.

A guy I work with had two of them for his twins and they used them in the tub so one person could give them a bath at the same time.