Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy 30th, Marilu!

Why I start typing a new entry at midnight when I am getting sleepy is beyond me. I must be a masochist.

Anyway, this weekend a number of different things happened. First of all, we found out way back when that Marilu's cousin Melanie was coming to town. Then, her brother Jonathan and his gf Chantal decided to make the long drive down from Labrador City to see Lucasaurus. Thanks to these two events, it made throwing a surprise party for Marilu's 30 birthday a snap. Considering how bad I am at surprising her--not counting jumping out of nowhere and scaring her when we lived in Atlanta--it was a major victory for me to put together a party of 20 something people in downtown Ottawa and pull it off without her ever realizing a thing. So go me.

Before we get to the party, let's see a few pictures of Jonathan, Chantal, and baby Lucas from Saturday morning. This was all I had the time to take before I retired to the basement to watch my beloved USF Bulls kick the stuffing out of the UCF Knights 64-12. Have I mentioned "GO BULLS!!!" lately? Oh heck, one of Lucas in Bulls gear before we get to the lovebirds.


Not too surprisingly, Lucas once again has a shirt covered in drool.


As usual when taking pictures of babies, it can be difficult to get everyone looking at the camera. So pretend the best parts of these next two photos are in the same picture. First, we have a good shot of the three of them, but Jonathan is looking down at Lucas.


And in the next, Jonathan looks at the camera but Lucas looks away. *sigh* Note that Chantal is right on the money in all of the pictures. The girl is a tad more camera-friendly than the boys.


That's all of the three of them for now, but tomorrow's post will include more of them from the next day before they left. There's definitely some good ones of uncle and nephew.

I can't remember the story here, but at some point in the afternoon, Lucas apparently decided to become jungle boy. Look at that gut!


On to Marilu's party. I'll warn you now: not all of these are about Lucas. I know, shocking!

First off, the St. Pat's teacher table (plus the always wonderful Tracey). Hmm, I just realized Adam has not only turned around, but he's smiling for the camera. Sheri, what the hell happened to your husband?


Some more of the crowd, including a very handsome guy in a white shirt there to the right.


The "McCarthy side of the family" table.


Marissa and our red-eyed demon child. This should have been my first warning that he was going to go bonkers in about 20 minutes. Suffice to say I need to do a better job of factoring in a baby's feeding and sleeping schedule for future surprise parties.


Let me see if I have the nicknames down right: Sis and Bub.


The birthday girl's cake. I've decided not to trade her in for a newer model just yet. :)


And in what might be the least surprising gift ever, I got Marilu the diamond earrings she started requesting for her 30th birthday, like, 4-5 years ago. Oh well, at least it kept me from having to think too hard.


I had to leave shortly afterward with Lucas since, as mentioned previously, he went bananas. However, by the time we got home, he was sound asleep. Babies, go figure. Anyway, here's the last shot of the night with Marilu and her two cousins: Tanya and Melanie. How about that one, guys? Can I get a "yowza!"?


It's now nearing 1 in the morning. I tire. Talk to you all tomorrow.

No comments: