Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Big milestone for Marilu

Today was Marilu's 30th birthday. I'll wait for the cheering (or sobs) to die down...

Lucas decided to reward her by acting like a holy terror throughout most of the day. He slept badly last night, he hardly slept during the day, and then when we went out for dinner tonight (at Marilu's favorite, Lone Star), we hadn't even received our meal when he starts screaming his little fool head off. Such are the travails of a 4-month-old, I suppose. He quieted down after she walked around with him outside and he fell asleep for a bit in his car seat. However, he started screaming again at the end so I took him out to the car while Marilu got to eat the already ordered dessert by herself.

For the first few months, it looked like we had a pretty good baby as far as the sleeping and crying goes, but he's more than made up for it in the past month or so, particularly the last 2 weeks. While he's still a joy when he's happy and he's freakin' adorable, the little guy can really be exasperating. We're hoping this is just a phase, because it's quickly getting to the point where it doesn't look like we can go anywhere with him without having to worry about a massive scream session.

We took pictures tonight, but they are still upstairs on the camera so I'll post them tomorrow. In their place, I'm posting a couple from earlier in the week when Lucas had his cold. It didn't really seem to bother him all that much, but these pictures make him look more miserable than he actually was.


This one reminds me of Rocky Balboa. "Yo Adrian!"


Finally, every time I look at this picture, I think "EAT MOR CHIKIN." For any Canadians who don't get that reference, it's from an American restaurant commercial.


Speaking of the devil! As I write this, I can hear Lucas starting to cry on the baby monitor. We put him to bed around 7 and it's just now approaching 10. I truly envy the parents who have kids who sleep even half the night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! It took us a year to get a baby who slept through the might. You heard me right, Carter didn't start sleeping through until July 10th (which incidentally was when I started back to work). I like to see others suffer, LOL.

Love Christine