Tuesday, October 2, 2007

On the road again

Tomorrow, we're off to Massachusetts to introduce Lucas to my mom's side of the family. It's a 3-day weekend here in Canada (Thanksgiving in October...madness!) so I decided to take 3 days off and make an extra long weekend of it for the occasion. My mom has apparently gone all out, throwing Lucas a big party and everything. If only he would remember any of it. Oh well, that's what thousands upon thousands of pictures will be for once he gets old enough to appreciate them. So...well after his teen years, no doubt.

Speaking of pictures, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that I won't be updating, at least with pictures, until we get back on Monday. The good news is that the main complainer that I haven't put up pictures is my mom, and since I'll be there already, everybody wins. I'll leave Marilu to deal with her mom, who currently resides at position 2 on that list. :)

Marilu took a few pictures of Lucas earlier today, catching him in some different looks. He's definitely starting to have expressions all his own and is looking less and less like generic baby every day. Not that the cutest baby in the world (take THAT, Tracey!) ever looked generic, but you get the idea.

I don't know how many of you remember random commercials from the 80s, but this one makes me think Lucas is saying, "Excuse me, kind sir, might I trouble you for some Gray Poupon?"


Lucas, this is the baby version of the face you'll make when you're trying to drunkenly dance with some girl about 22 years from now. If you look closely, you'll see Lucas is balding big time on the right side of his head. I'm told this is normal since babies sleep on their hair so much it falls out. I wonder if this means most bald guys are just lazy and like to sleep a lot?


A close-up of contemplative Lucas along with the ubiquitous bubble at his lips. I knew coming into this that babies drooled. However, I never realized they loved blowing bubbles so much!


Finally, it's cute and happy Lucas. I don't think I'll ever be able to get enough of pictures like this. Then again, that's probably what makes me such a proud and happy dad. (and cute as well, of course...though I prefer it termed as "smoldering" or "ruggedly handsome")


See y'all again on Monday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Smoldering".... hahahahaha, um, I mean, yeah, uh-huh, of course! Mmmmmbwahah! :D Sorry, just can't say that with a straight face. ;)

But, hey, I'll still rate ya as "adorable", JDB!