Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter Freakin' Wonderland

For those of you keeping score, Sunday (I speak in the past tense since it's now 12:35 AM Monday morning) was Lucas's 6 month in the world. Man, how time flies. Mother Nature saw fit to celebrate this most wonderful of days by dropping snow on us. A lot of snow. No seriously, a LOT of snow. So much snow, in fact, that this was the most snow I've seen since I moved to Ottawa and probably the most I've ever seen, save for perhaps my trip to Labrador a few winters back.

I decided to shovel in the middle of the snowstorm so that it wouldn't be quite so bad to shovel after it was over. Well, last time I checked (9 PMish), it was still snowing and the driveway looks pretty much like it did before I shoveled it this afternoon. Kinda makes me wonder how insanely high it would have been if I hadn't touched it. Marilu took a picture of me standing on our lawn, to give those of you not in Canada or the northern US good reason to avoid the north in the winter.


But enough about me. You came here to see shots of the half-year birthday boy. He started off the day by having some mushed up banana. Today was the second day he had it, and I gotta admit, it's been funny feeding it to him. Both times, he's really scrunched up his face on the first bite, which has caused us both to laugh. We tried to get it on camera, but after the first bite, it's like he gets used to it and then doesn't look quite so discomforted. Here's the face we like to get while feeding him since it means he's ready for the next bite.


Later on, Lucas got to sit with his mom and watch his favorite team go to 14-0 in the NFL. I keep saying he's a good luck charm since the Patriots have yet to lose since he's been born. :)


During the game, he spit up at some point and then wanted to keep the tissue we used to wipe his face. As per usual, it immediately went to his mouth.


Finally, this evening we did a photo shoot of sorts for his 6-month picture. We've got a picture frame, which has a space for each month of baby's first year, and space for a big picture in the middle, so each month we try to get a good picture of him for that. We took a LOT of pictures earlier, mostly playing around with the different camera modes and lighting, and I've selected some of the best to include below. If you want to see the others (most of which are similar), take a look at the photo album.


This night mode is a great one of his smile, but it does this weird thing with motion trails, as you can see with his arms and legs.



What would Lucas pictures be without a couple of his priceless expressions?



A couple more from the shoot:



We took a couple of videos too, which I'll try and remember to post tomorrow. You'll get to see such delights as Lucas pulling the hat off his head and then almost tumbling over the backside of the ottoman he's sitting on. Thank god for quick parent reflexes. :)

Sometime before Christmas, we're going to take several more pictures of Lucas in all his various holiday outfits, including a return to the snowman costume, so keep an eye out for that. Later all!

No comments: