Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Lucas and Santa

As mentioned in previous posts, Saturday night was my company's kids' Christmas party, and I volunteered to play Santa. It was a pretty fun experience, other than the fact that Santa's beard didn't want to stay on very well. Heck, at the very beginning, the beard almost fell off altogether until the hostess pinned in to the hat.

Anyway, once we got that situated, the kids seemed to enjoy the experience. A couple of the older kids were skeptical, but the younger ones enjoyed sitting with Santa and getting their presents. In fact, it was amusing to see them get all excited when I first showed up, but then when I left, hardly any of them noticed since they were engrossed in their new toys.

Here's a couple of pictures from the party. The first is Santa leaving, and the second is with Lucas. Luckily, he's still too young to be scared of Santa or anything like that. Santa's just another person to hold him, even if that person has a predilection for crimson garments.



Marilu put up the tree yesterday, and we both decorated it so I should have some pictures of Lucas under it by tomorrow. Gotta run now since he's gnawing on my knuckle so I think he wants to eat. Later!

No comments: