Monday, December 24, 2007

I think Santa's on the roof

As it's quarter to midnight on Christmas Eve, I find it very unlikely that anyone will be reading this for at least 10 hours or so. If you are reading it sooner than that, I would highly suggest finding a hobby. That said, since I promised more pictures earlier, more pictures you shall get from the week that was.

Before I get to that however, I'd just like to announce that after 7 years of playing fantasy football, I FINALLY won a league. And to think I was going to trade LaDainian Tomlinson halfway through the season. Thank god that's one of the few impulses I didn't act on this year. For those of you who don't follow fantasy football or have no idea what I'm talking about, you're probably now a little bit dumber for having read this paragraph.

On to the pictures!

Never let it be said Lucas isn't expressive. Here's a shot of the happy kid in his Santa's Little Helper shirt from last Wednesday.


On Thursday, Lucas got a visit from our neighbor and their baby. Proving that memory is the first thing to go, I'm completely blanking on his name at the moment. Once Marilu sees this, I'm sure she'll remind me and I'll update the post. "Baby to be named at a later date" was born a few months after Lucas, but I think they are nearly the same length now. Lucas, future NFL fullback that he is, remains a much stouter baby.


A while back, Lucas received the toy in the picture below from Marilu's co-worker Jamie and his wife Christie. Lucas is still a few months from truly being able to appreciate it (i.e., ride it), but as you can see in the picture below, he still was able to have fun with it.


Remember a week or so ago when I complained about how much snow we received? Well, on Saturday, I shoveled a path on our back deck just to give you an idea of just how much freakin' snow Mother Nature has dumped on us in recent weeks. Marilu and Lucas are used for scale in the following picture.


Another photo for scale with Lucas and yours truly. And before anyone says it, yes, I'm getting a haircut very soon. I just find that a mop of curly hair does a fine job of keeping one's hair warm in the winter. :)


What's a huge mound of snow if you can't make snow angels? Or in this case, mini snow angels.


And to close out the outdoor shots, I figured I'd just let Lucas kick back and smile for the camera. He seems to do a good job of that most of the time. For what it's worth, there are several more outdoor shots in the photo albums, so be sure to check em out.


We'll wrap up this post with a couple of pictures of Lucas trying out the sunglasses I bought for $8 on Venice Beach a couple of summers ago during our vacation to California in 2006. The kid be stylin'.



We took a lot of pictures of Lucas, along with two of his friends, at the Christmas Eve party tonight so if I find the time tomorrow, I'll try and get those posted. Right now, I gotta run since someone has once again waited until the very last moment to wrap his presents.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments: