Saturday, December 1, 2007

Back from the Midwest

Hey everybody! Sorry about the delay since my post from St Louis, but it's been a ridiculously busy week, what with the trip and then 2 training sessions per day on Thursday and Friday. As a result, when I got home the last couple of nights, I just wanted to veg out.

St Louis was a pretty good trip. My first solo on-site training session went well (or at least I assume it did), and I also got a chance to see a bit of St Louis itself, a town I'd only visited once, and that was just driving through it way back in the 80s. After Tuesday's training, I drove downtown and checked out the Gateway Arch, which was quite impressive. I decided not to go up in it since one, it was getting late, and two, I'm not a big fan of heights or elevators, and it's got some crazy contraption that brings you up the legs of the arch. Still, it was nifty enough just seeing it from the base.

I also spent more than a few hours on both nights at various malls around the area. I picked up some stuff that Marilu requested, did a little Christmas shopping, and then ended up spending nearly a hundred bucks on clothes for Lucas. There's just something about having a baby that turns you all altruistic and makes you want to buy stuff for them more than anything for yourself. In fact, other than food and a paperback novel, I didn't spend any money on myself this trip. What a spectacular parent I'm becoming. :)

We've taken several pictures in the last few days, and I plan to put them up in another entry this afternoon. However, since that will take a while, let me leave you with this video of Lucas trying to get a hold of the camera that has taken so many pictures of him so far in his young life.



And yes, Marilu does sound pretty evil, what with her cackling, in this video.

No comments: