Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Week in Review

Never one to accept all the blame for something, I add Marilu to the list of people to point the finger at for the delay in getting a new post on here this week. I left Monday morning this past week, and when I got back Wednesday afternoon, I checked the camera and found no new pictures have been taken. So blame her completely for the lack of news, and try to forget the fact that I had more than enough time to take pictures and post new entries Thursday and/or Friday.

Since then, we HAVE taken quite a few pictures, all of which are now located in the photo albums (as always, see the link on the right side of this page). This entry is devoted to highlighting the best and brightest of those photos.

I like this next picture for two major reasons. First, I think it really shows that Lucas is starting to have his own look. Yeah, he's always been a unique (and quite cute) baby, but I feel he's really starting to look like a little boy versus just an infant. Second of all, as you can see, he's in his highchair, and this helps show that he's really taken to the whole "sitting at the table and eating with the adults" thing. Well, notwithstanding the fact that he is eating essentially mush. (And as a third point, the boy is a chick magnet, or so his bib says!)


Although he can't do it indefinitely, Lucas is now able to sit up by himself. We still have to sit near him since he has a tendency to fall on his side or fling himself backwards from time to time. Just doing our part to prevent dain bramage.


Marilu was playing around with the camera settings on Lucas earlier today. I like the way this black and white (sort of) one came out. The way the green shows up is kinda nifty.


As I mentioned in my last post, I spent a lot of money on Lucas during my business trip. The following picture shows what I consider to be the best of the best when it comes to his new outfits. I think it's safe to say that throughout the next few years, Lucas will probably have to suffer through several ridiculous costumes that I buy spontaneously. It's a good thing he has Marilu, who will more likely than not be the sensible purchaser in this family.


Despite the smile, Lucas didn't much care for his inaugural journey in the Frosty suit. It's a very warm outfit, which will make it ideal if and when we take him for walks in the Canadian winter. On the other hand, in a warm house, he heats up pretty quick in there and trust me, he let his know his withering opinion of the outfit. If you click on the following picture, you can see he's not too thrilled during the setup for this shot.


Earlier this evening, I put together a new shelving unit for Lucas's bedroom. Marilu took advantage of the moment to put Lucas in the box it came in. These pictures still make me laugh.



If he's anything like most boys, he'll like the boxes as much, if not more, than the items that come within them. Lucas also took the time to try out one of the containers that sit on the shelf.


Finally, for those of you lucky enough to live outside of the frozen tundra, here's an idea of what we get to deal with most mornings come wintertime. You're really missing out...trust me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the frosty outfit.

Re. the frozen tundra business - there is this nifty invention called a "garage". It's that thing attached to the front of your house. While convenient for miscellaneous storage, the true purpose is actually to protect the car thereby avoiding the whole scraping and brushing business in the morning. Still have to shovel though. Perhaps you see the car more as a laneway protector to minimize the shovelling?

;)
Tracey

Anonymous said...

How can these pictures continue to get cuter? We didn't think that was possible but they do. The snowman is the best!!!! Lucas, you are one handsome little boy and you are soooo loved.

Anonymous said...

Lucas is a total pimp!!! More pix, plz!