Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Cuteness explosion

A short interlude before I wrap up the Newfoundland vacation...

They say that a parent thinks their kid is the cutest kid in the world even if everyone around them whispers that the kid is a bug-eyed freak behind their back. I've often wondered if this is true since sometimes when I look at Lucas, I'm almost overwhelmed at how adorable I think he is.

I bring this up since we had some portraits taken of Lucas back when he was about 6 weeks old, and last night, we finally saw the results. If I thought Lucas was cute beforehand, these pictures just broke whatever measuring instrument my brain had previously been using. Check 'em out (I strongly recommend clicking the pictures for a better view):


Along with the pictures came the realization that, "OH MY GOD BABY PICTURES ARE EXPENSIVE!!!" You don't even want to know what the photo package went for, but suffice to say, I won't be buying an Xbox 360 anytime soon. :) All in all though, it's worth it since I've taken hundreds, if not thousands, of pictures of Lucas so far, and none of them look as good as the ones above (or below).

Along with the 12 proofs, we're getting the one on the left above as an 8x10, and we'll be getting two 5x7s of the red hat one and the jungle one that you'll see below. The green hat, which may very well be my favorite, is going to make an appearance in 12 wallet shots. We're also getting a CD with all the pictures on it so I'll be able to post better versions of the pictures when that arrives (approx. 3 weeks).

The remaining 9 pictures follow. "Ooh" and "Aww" at your leisure.



3 comments:

JP said...

We like using a place called Portrait Innovations. They usually take really good pictures. It is all digital so they take a lot of pictures. The prices are reasonable (at least for portrait studios) and you can get a CD with all of the pictures. All of the pictures and the CD are done in an hour. No waiting 3 weeks, instant gratification.

JP said...

Oh and those are some pretty darn cute pictures. We tried taking Carson to get pictures a few weeks ago and now he does not sit still long enough to get great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Well, I agree, those pics are great, and YES Lucas IS adorable! I'm not just saying that, and believe me, I've seen a LOT of babies, he is certainly a 9-1/2 if not a 10 on the cuteness scale. Thank God he takes after Marilu, huh? ;)