Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to the present

Since someone (*cough*Nana McGrath*cough*) was complaining on the phone to her daughter that there aren't enough recent pictures of Lucas, what with all the Newfoundland trip ones recently, I'm going to post pictures of Lucas that were taken yesterday. I'll wrap up the Newfie photos this weekend and show highlights since then early next week. After that, we should be completely caught up.

Big news first...Lucas rolled over for the first time today! 4 times in fact! The first three were while I was at work, but Marilu called to alert me. The last was done right after I got home. In response to the query of the unnamed person in the first paragraph, no, we don't have any video of the flip. I think that fell under the category of "Moments you forget about everything else." This weekend, I'll try and catch the act in motion. Oh, for the record, it was a belly to back flip so for the time being, it appears we don't have to worry about setting him on his back, leaving the room, and coming back to find him hauling baby butt away. For the time being.

Ok, the first picture, taken yesterday morning is Lucas's first appearance in what I like to call his Russian sailor's uniform.


Yesterday afternoon, I finally put together a toy/gadget that I've been wanting to see Lucas use since the day we received it from family friends Jim and Barb: the jumperoo. It's still a little big for him, but he's able to hold his head up pretty well now so we tested it out. The first pic isn't exactly art, but at least you can see his whole body. The second (and last, for now) picture is a close-up of his face for those of you who need your "cute face" fix.



Thank you for coming. Now I'm heading back to the Indy-New Orleans NFL game. Ahh, sweet, sweet football. Thy time is back...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nana and Grammy agree. We just can't get enough photos of the little guy. Keep 'em coming. Can't wait until you catch him turning over on video.