Monday, December 10, 2012

Newfoundland 2012 - Part 5 (St John's)

Finally, we reach the end of the Newfoundland vacation photos. There were 4 photos remaining that didn't fit in any of the other categories so they get dumped in this last post. Toward the end of the trip, Marilu, Lucas, and I took a trip into St John's to see George Street and the surrounding area.

This first photo was taken at the bar in the Yellowbelly Brewery, pretty much the only place to buy decent beer in Newfoundland. I use the term "decent beer" loosely since I don't know if I can properly describe just how atrocious the craft beer scene is in St John's. It makes Ontario look positively cutting-edge. Suffice to say if I lived there, I think I would become a liquor drinker.


Afterwards, we had lunch at Jungle Jim's. Lucas got a nifty mask that he was proud to show off.


We decided to walk off the beers and lunch by visiting nearby Bowring Park.



I know I said I only had 4 photos for this post, but it turns out I forgot to post a good shot of Marilu and Lucas from Signal Hill. So, bonus photo!



This may be a bit ambitious, especially considering my update speed as of late, but I have ambitious plans for the last 20 days of 2012. I'd like to try and catch up, something I haven't done since probably 2008. As such, I hope to post a new entry every day in December. I can't promise anything, but I will try my best. It would definitely be nice to stop groaning when I look and see that there are still pictures from before summer started.

One other thing, Marilu informed me that the whales in the last post are minke whales. The photos made them look a lot bigger than they actually are.

1 comment:

Mom said...

These are greatpics of the three of you. Loved the park too. I could really enjoy living in Newfoundland if it looked like that year round. I'd like to see those same places mid winter though...brrr.
Craft brew? Gotta make a trip to Denver. It's everywhere.