Saturday, December 15, 2012

Funatorium Explorium 2012

We're not done with February just yet! A new event, the Funatorium Explorium, debuted last February, and Lucas and I spent the day at it, along with our friend Jay and his two sons. The idea behind FE (I'm not typing that out again) is for parents and kids to play together. To that end, they have scads of activities, ranging from the physical (such as wall climbing and martial arts) to the crafty (like Legos and art stations). For more info about FE, check out their website here. I just noticed the dates for their 2013 appearance, and you can bet that we'll be there.

I'm not sure why Lucas is hoarding Legos since right behind him are 122,200 more.


In addition to making their own Legos, the kids could view Legos made my "professionals." They had a lot of really cool displays, but I liked the Star Wars ones the best.


This was one of those things you find at carnivals where you have to climb across an unstable ladder to reach the other side. Unlike the carnival versions, which are nearly impossible, these were much more kid friendly.


The next "play structure" involved putting a vest on that was attached to a bungee cord. The kids would then try to run as far as they could before the cord snapped them back. It looked fun enough that I tried it once or twice myself.


I'm not sure if this next one had an official name, but I referred to it as the Spiderman wall. The wall is metal, and Lucas put on magnetized boots and gloves, which allowed him to stick to it.



Carter and Lucas battled it out with pugil/jousting sticks.


This last picture shows Lucas in a Bodyzorb. Basically, the kids (or adult) get strapped inside it and then run around hitting each other. This results in them rolling around, sometimes upside down, without too much chance of injury.


I'll wrap this up with videos of Lucas on the Spiderman wall, the pugil stick match, and the Bodyzorb pit. Sorry about the quality...all I had was my iPhone.





1 comment:

Mom said...

Just watched the bodyzorb video again. It looks like so much fun!

Mom