Sunday, April 3, 2016

Semifinals!

As mentioned yesterday, the Zombies were already a lock for the semifinals before playing their final round robin game. However, they finished the round out in style, beating today's team 4-2. And to be honest, the score wasn't as close as it sounds. Lucas's team was up 4-0 late in the 3rd period and they stopped playing hard, at which point the other team scored 2 garbage goals in the last couple of minutes.

Zach's team won their game handily as well, 6-0, so both of their teams end the round robin with 3 wins and 1 tie, earning them the #1 seeds. Next Saturday, they will play the #2 seeds, and on Sunday, the winners of those games will play in the championship game. We're keeping our fingers crossed for a Zombies vs Panthers (Zach) final!

In other news, Marilu and I had a fantastic time at the Garth Brooks concert last night. I can't remember all the concerts I've been to so I don't know if this was the best concert I've ever been to, but it was at the very least top 3. I'm so glad I finally got a chance to see him since I've been wanting to since the mid-1990s. Rather than post another picture of Lucas playing hockey, here's a snippet of Marilu and I singing along to "Friends in Low Places" last night.


So tomorrow will begin what I hope is a deluge of photo posts so with any luck, my mom won't be nagging me about the blog for a couple of months. :) Love you, Mom!

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

Me, nag? Never happen. Looking forward to those pictures and way to go Lucas!