Thursday, March 27, 2008

Highlight day

Three days of being sick. That's how I've spent the last few days. Sick as a dog, only leaving the house once, and that was to pick up more cold medicine. And you want to know what kind of luck I had? I got rearended on the way to get that medicine. Luckily, the idiot lady who hit me just bumped me lightly, and there was no physical damage to the car or myself. I can vaguely see rearending someone in stop and go traffic--not that I ever have--but how the heck do you rearend someone who has been stopped at a red light for 10-15 seconds. Morons. The world is filled with them.

Anyway, I'm about to hit the sack, but I wanted to post a couple more shots of Lucas. Apparently, he is doing well up in Labrador, and everyone loves him. As if the latter fact was ever in doubt. According to Marilu, he's had a couple of cases where he briefly lets go of whatever he is holding when standing and has a look in his eye like he wants to walk so it'll be interesting to see if that is soon. At this point, it appears walking may arrive before teeth.

In addition, Marilu said he's making a noise that sounds like "dadadadada." I'd love to claim that he's calling out my name (or moniker), but since I'm not even there, it's more than likely just a reflex word. Nonetheless, I'll enjoy the idea.

So without any further adieu, pictures!

I think is one of my favorite "non-cute" pictures of Lucas. By that, I don't mean he's not cute, but that the first thing you think when you see isn't "awww." What I love about this picture of Lucas (along with cohort Thierry) is that their positioning, particularly Lucas's, reminds me of business men planning big things over a conference table. I think it's the rolled-up sleeves thing Lucas has going on, but I could see this as a scene in the baby version of Wall Street. I'm sure it would lose a little bit of its "power" as soon as one, or both, of them fell over.


Unfortunately, that's all I have time for now. Sleep beckons. More tomorrow!

No comments: