Saturday, March 8, 2008

Around the house

Tomorrow, I'm heading down to the Washington, DC area for work. I'll be back on Thursday, but during that time, there won't be any updates. I suppose one of these days I ought to show Marilu how to update as well, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, before I go, I wanted to post a few more pictures to hold you over until I get back. These are just random shots I took over the last few days so enjoy!

I think I've posted a picture of Lucas in this snowsuit before, but if not, check out the toasty little guy.


For some time now, Lucas has been at the point where he needs to be entertained while waiting to eat in his high chair. If we don't give him some sort of toy, he lets us know it. Usually, that's done through some kind of high volume alarm. In the case of the other day, I gave him a ball and let him play with it. If I remember, I'll post the related video when I get back. It's amusing watching him get angry when the ball is out of his reach.


Most little kids like Elmo from Sesame Street and Lucas is no exception. We bought him a couple of Elmo DVDs recently, and I took this picture of Lucas watching it. Like the previous picture, I have a related video for this as well, but it's not quite as interesting as he basically sits there almost transfixed. Note that I say "almost." Lucas hasn't become a slave to the TV yet (and hopefully won't). He's still at a point where he'll watch the screen for 10-15 seconds and then look around to see if any new toys have shown up or anyone new is in the room. What can I say? The kid likes to be stimulated.


Later on, I put the funky $8 sunglasses I bought on Venice Beach during our California vacation a couple of years ago on Lucas. As you can see by his face, he was not very pleased. Don't feel too bad for the little guy though. He got back at me later by snapping one of the pieces off it. Guess I'll have to buy some new ones when I go back to California (hopefully next month...also work related).


Finally, to make up for making him so sad, I let Lucas ride up on my shoulders. I don't why, but the kid loves it up there. Unfortunately, this picture is one of the rare times he isn't laughing or smiling while in this position.

No comments: