Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter 2008

So it's 6:32 AM on Saturday morning, and I am awake. What's up with that? Actually, I've been up since 4 something, which is even worse. The reason? I had to bring Marilu and Lucas to the airport since, as I mentioned in the post the other day, they are heading up to Labrador City until April 1 to visit with her family. It should be a good time for all involved since this will be her youngest brother's first chance to meet Lucas, and her dad hasn't seen Lucas since he was about 2 months old. As you can tell by looking at the pictures in this blog, he's changed a tad since then.

As for me, it's a return to the bachelor way of living for the next week and a half. True, Marilu made a few meals and put them in the freezer for me, but I suspect the next week will be made up of plenty of bad food, beer, video games, and no pants. Ah, a return to the good ol' collegedays where the vacuum would see use once every six months (that said, if any Ottawans feel like dropping off leftovers, I wouldn't turn them down). :)

Yesterday evening, we went to our neighbors' place for an early Easter dinner: turkey and all the other fun stuff. It just wouldn't be Easter without dressing up so here's Lucas looking like a dapper young lad (while trying to eat a gum wrapper).


Next, we find Lucas test driving Tyler's high chair. After dinner, he amused himself for no less than 20-30 minutes trying to get the buckle in his mouth. He never did get it since it's fixed in place, but it did a fantastic job of keeping him occupied.


I'm not sure how I managed it, but I got Lucas and Tyler both looking at the camera at the same time. It's hard enough to get one baby to focus for more than a second, let alone two. The gods must have been smiling upon me that day.


Earlier in the day, I took several shots of Lucas sitting inside a new scrapbooking carrier/container that Marilu bought. Here's a few of the highlights.




Like I mentioned a few days ago, even though Lucas is gone for a while, I'll still be posting new photos. I have about a week of stuff from when I was in DC that I've yet to upload either here or on the photo albums so keep an eye out for that. In addition, I sent the USB cable with Marilu so if she gets a chance, she'll email me some photos from this week of the little guy.

Until next time...

No comments: