Sunday, January 20, 2008

A milestone of sorts

While downloading pictures from the camera moments ago, I noticed that we've hit 3000 pictures taken with this camera. That's quite a few considering we just bought it this summer. As you can imagine, the vast majority of those photos have been of little Lucasaurus Rex, and #3000 was no exception. Rather than just show you that one picture, I've decided to include all three thousand marks in this post, just to get an idea of how he's grown over the past several months.

We start off with photo #1000, taken on August 15 in Newfoundland. Lucas was one day shy of 2 months at that point, and here we see him stretching out in his grandfather's arms.



We next jump to November 4, where he is at the ripe old age of about 4 1/2 months. That was a big day for Lucas, as he got baptized. In the photo below, Lucas and I pose in the church.


Finally, we jump to this past Friday, January 18, 2 days past 7 month mark. Of the 3000 pictures we've taken of Lucas, this probably isn't going to be one of his favorites. I'm not sure what he was thinking of us right there. :)


It'll be interesting to see what occurs in the next thousand photos. Will he be crawling by post 4000? Walking? Will he visit any new places? My bet is yes, no, yes, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Whatever the case, it's a journey that I'm having a hell of a lot of fun on.

1 comment:

JP said...

We are on 8787. We got the camera in the mail the day we got home from the hospital with Carson. I just downloaded 160 pictures that we took this weekend. I just checked and we were at about 2370 when Carson was 7 months old. So yeah I think we both take a lot of pictures.