Sunday, January 13, 2008

Into the blue

Last weekend, Lucas had his first swim lesson. I suppose the word "swim" is a bit of a reach, as the class is basically intended to get babies acclimated to being in water. Some of the activities are bobbing the baby in and out of the water, encouraging them to kick their feet, and splashing water. Marilu went in the pool with him last week, and I went this week and will probably continue to go in the future. It's a pretty fun half hour activity, but unfortunately I don't have any pictures. I guess for the privacy of the kids at the pool, photography and videotaping is not permitted. Just another one of those rules and regulations that gives you an idea of the state of the world we live in.

Anyway, in the spirit of his swim lesson, I've uploaded a video from last weekend of him splashing and having a good time in the bathtub. To protect his modesty (in case a future girlfriend sees this), we were nice enough to cover his nether regions with a conveniently-placed washcloth. You can thank me when you're older, Lucas. :)

No comments: