Monday, December 15, 2014

12 Days of Christmas, Day 4: June 2014

Another day, another month. I'm slowly but surely clearing my way to the present. Don't worry, things will get a little more specific tomorrow when I cover the summer's trip to Newfoundland (or at least part of it).

Here are the remaining photos I have from June of the year. We start off with Lucas rocking out on the Rock Band drums. One of these days, we may give in and get him the drum kit he wants, but hopefully he'll fall in love with a less noisy musical instrument before then. I've tried to tell him that the guitarists get all the girls, but he's still a few years away from that being a compelling argument.


This next one is from a Canada Day party at the house of our friends, Brigitte and Casey. Casey has Kayden on the left, Wes has Brodie, and I've obviously got Lucas on the right (in my fantastic shirt). All 3 kids were born the same year, and although we don't have quite the tradition of taking their picture as the Christmas Eve party (with Thierry and Logan), we have taken pictures of the 3 of them whenever possible. I'll try and hunt those down for a future post.


I just realized I've already posted this next one on the "last day of school" post back in June, but since it's already uploaded, you can enjoy it again.


I wonder where Lucas gets all that goofiness from?


Oh yeah.


The last photo was taken in Kingston, a city about 2 hours from Ottawa. We were down there in late June for a rugby tournament and afterwards, we explored the downtown. It was a nice looking place and we hope to get back there sometime soon.


So like I said earlier, tomorrow (and possibly the next couple of days) will focus on our trip to Newfoundland over the summer. Also, I had a job interview at the US Embassy earlier today. I should know their decision by the end of the week, but feel free to send your good luck vibes my way between now and then.

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy said...

Good luck! Good luck! Good luck! ( spoken as Sheldon would have said it. Maybe 3 times spoken is a charm.) Anyhow we'll think positive thoughts. Love the goofy faces and I think Lucas should take drumming lessons. That might be the best way to go. You'd also know if he has a real desire to play. Taking lessons is work and commitment.