Tuesday, December 23, 2014

12 Days of Christmas, Day 11: The 1st Annual Deal Family Holiday Board Game Tournament

This year, we decided to have a board game tournament over the holidays this. Our goal is to play through all the board games we currently have in what can best be described as the "board game closet." Considering there is a fully-stacked second row behind those games in front, that's a lot of gaming.


After the first two days and 6 games, you can see the results below.


In case you are trying to figure it out, our scoring system is 3 points for 1st, 2 for 2nd, and 1 for 3rd. That means Lucas is actually winning at the moment (13 points) whereas I am in last place (11). I'm looking forward to the more complicated games. :) I'll update the results as time goes by.

Tomorrow's blog update will be photos from our trip to Toronto, which was a few weeks after we got back from Newfoundland. The rest of this post will be devoted to the photos taken between the two trips. The first one is from the goalie's POV as I try to stop Lucas's shots at the local park.


Here's a couple from the mini golf course while Marilu's mom was visiting. 



I suspect this was Lucas's one and only year playing it, but we had a good time with rugby while it lasted. These pictures are from the last practice. We had a kids vs parents game, followed by the kids receiving medals. I gotta tell you, even playing against kids, rugby requires a LOT of cardio. 


I'm glad Marilu got a photo with both of us in it.




In case you're wondering why I'm standing there, I was the team manager.


I have no idea why he looks like he was going to break out in tears here. Maybe he was squinting from the sun.


And finally, a photo from this year's Busker Festival in downtown Ottawa. It was crowded as hell, but we still a fun time.


1 comment:

Mom said...

What's a busker festival ? Loved the idea of playing all the board games