Friday, November 26, 2010

Christmas in November

For those of you who were expecting this post last night, sorry about that. The last video got hung up while uploading (430 minutes? I think not) so I waited until this morning to re-upload it.

Anyway, let me give you a little background here. Like most boys (and probably some girls), Lucas loves the movie Cars. He's got a few of the vehicles from the movie, but one he has wanted for a while is Chick Hicks, the "bad guy." I have been looking for Chick in every store I can think of for a couple of months now to no avail. Toys R Us, 4 or 5 Walmarts, Zellers, Canadian Superstore, you name it, I've tried to find it. I've found just about every other character that was in the movie, to include ones that had one line or were freakin' background extras, but no Chick.

Luckily, my mom came to the rescue. She was able to find one in Massachusetts, and we received it yesterday. For a fleeting moment (very, very fleeting), I thought about waiting until Christmas since Lucas has asked for it for Christmas, alongside his holy grail, a Batman Cave (which we already have stored away), but then I thought better of it. Since it's just me and him for the next few days--Marilu is down in Syracuse, braving the Black Friday sales--I thought it would be a good way to keep him happy.

Because I knew it would be a good surprise, I had the camera ready for some pictures and videos. He didn't know immediately that Chick was the present since my mom boxed it with a knight and dragon that she bought him as well. Enough talking, a picture and a video are worth a thousand and a million words, respectively.











In addition to all that fun, Lucas got to watch a personalized video message from Santa. It's from a very cool site that I found last year, www.portablenorthpole.tv. If you're reading this and you have kids who are still into Santa, you have to check it out. The cutest thing about this video is Lucas responding when Santa asked him questions. He really seemed to like it. It's things like this that make being a parent fun, despite the less than splendid times.



If you want to see the Santa video, click here.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

The Santa video is precious. Lucas is so engaging. I don't think I've ever seen him that attentive. Fabulous! Thanks also for posting the video and pics of Lucas with Chick Hicks and the new dragon.

Love,
Grammy