Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The End of June

Sorry about the lack of activity. I've had a near-constant headache since last Thursday, which has kept me from doing quite a lot. It's not debilitating, but if my choice comes down to sleeping/resting or "anything else," the former choices tend to win out.

I was at the doctor yesterday, and she ruled out the worst case scenarios I had floating through my hypochondriacal mind (skin cancer, stroke, tumor...I'm a ball of sunshine, ain't I?). She suspects something in my neck--muscles, nerves?--may be the root of the problem so I have an appointment on Friday to see a massage therapist. Hopefully, that will take care of the problem, but if not, I also have a referral for physiotherapy.

In Lucas news, I just taught him (10 minutes ago) how to draw a stick figure and he did a decent job of making one of his own. He'll be illustrating comic books in no time!

On the picture front, I'm going to play a little bit of catch-up. Believe it or not, I still have some photos from June that haven't been posted! Below, you'll see the highlights from the last week and a half of that month.

Although wildly inappropriate, the birthday gifts Lucas gets from his godfather are some of the best: this year, a Nerf automatic gun and Nerf two swords. We have used all of them a LOT since June. :)


There is a retention pond at one corner of our subdivision that we bring Lucas to from time to time. He likes throwing rocks in it, and from time to time, we also feed the birds that show up there.

I think this is his "C'mon, stop taking pictures, I want to feed the geese" face.


The birds are smart. You feed one...


...and then the whole flock shows up.


It's nice to make HIM pull the wagon for once.


Lucas poses with Cow, one of his oldest stuffed animals that my dad bought for him during a visit.


Speaking of my dad, here's a picture of Lucas posing with a toy he bought with money he got from my dad for his birthday. To say this castle has been well-used is an understatement. It's been a fixture in our living room since then and even made the trip to Massachusetts.


We wrap up with a couple of pictures I took of him when he helped me build a fort in his room. Good times.



1 comment:

Mom said...

That last picture really made me laugh...a good way to get the day started.

Love, Mom