Friday, November 12, 2010

On to July!

The month of July was covered pretty well way back when since that's when Marilu and Lucas went to Newfoundland for about 3 weeks. I believe I had all those posted by early August. In the next couple of posts, I'll get the rest of the highlights from July.

For Canada Day (July 1, for those of you outside the Great White North), we went to a party at a friend's place. We only got a couple of pictures of the three of us, which is why this isn't the most high quality shot.


The morning Marilu and Lucas left for Newfoundland, I caught Lucas hamming it up for the camera as he was heading out to the car.



This is why Marilu probably shouldn't leave me alone for extended periods of time. I got to thinking about how everything tastes better when you wrap it in bacon. So the logical thing to do (in my mind) was to cook a piece of bacon wrapped in bacon. Men the world over cheered this event. Women? Not so much.


While they were away, I decided to build Lucas a sandbox for the backyard. Here's the finished product prior to putting it in the ground. Considering I am about as handy as a quadriplegic, I was pretty proud of myself. Hell, this was the first time I'd ever bought lumber!


I'll wrap up July in the next post.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sandbox and cute pics of Lucas, Yeah...bacon wrapped bacon, not so much.

Love you, Mom