Thursday, December 2, 2010

Onward to August

Ok, I really need to get my butt in gear here. I've finally caught up to August, but it's now December. You do the math. Granted, I've already posted the majority of the August photos after our trip to Massachusetts, and then we barely took any in September, but it's the principle of the whole thing. So I'm going to do my best to update at least 3 times a week from now until Christmas. Feel free to call me on this if I am failing in my endeavor (I say this knowing full well that my mom will).

No better place to start than on August 1. Between the Newfoundland and Massachusetts trips, we took time off one weekend to spend a couple days at our friends' cottage on a river northwest of Ottawa. It was a nice, very relaxing time, made all the better by the fact that they had an 11 or 12 year old daughter who helped watch the kids.





After we got back from Massachusetts, I gave Marilu a break from the little guy and brought him to the local sci/tech museum. Not the world's greatest museum (or even Ottawa's), but it kept him entertained for a couple of hours, which is all that really matters. Unfortunately, I don't have any quality pictures from that trip since I was using my iPhone, and unless you have more light than 100 blazing suns in a room, it tends to take crappy shots. However, you do get this decent one from home right before we left. :)


A few days later, Lucas played dress-up with his Batman costume. The picture is kind of blurry, but I had to post it so I could then have context for the next one, featuring his arch-nemesis, Batmom.



After a long day of battling the evil villains, a superhero doesn't care how he sleeps on the bed.


This seems as good a place to wrap the post up for today. Hopefully, I'll get another one up tomorrow since Saturday is going to be busy: a kids Christmas party in the morning, showing houses in the afternoon, and housewarming party at night for my first buyer clients.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I think Batmom should be in marilu's school yearbook. Imagine how her students would enjoy that pic! The end of the day picture of Lucas is too cute. Looks like he had quite a day and just passed out.

Keep up the good work.
Love,
Mom