Thursday, August 14, 2008

Non-Lucas News

Two important bits of news from the family here. First off, I don't know if I mentioned it previously, but for Father's Day, Marilu paid for me to brew my own beer at a local place that takes care of all the tedious parts of the process for you. Last night, after two weeks of fermenting (or whatever it does), I bottled my beer. I brought the 96 half liter bottles in the living room and took the following picture.

That's just perfection right there. For anyone that's curious, it's a Czech Pilsner, and it's deeeee-licious.


The other news is slightly bigger: we bought a car! Well, technically, we've just put a deposit down on it so far, but Marilu will be going in to do the paperwork tomorrow, and we'll have it by Tuesday. It's a Pontiac Torrent, which I believe falls under the category of crossover SUV. We were going to get a Pontiac Vibe, which is a hatchback, but after sitting in the Torrent, we just couldn't pass up the extra space in the back.

For those of you not familiar with the Torrent (or its Chevy equivalent, the Equinox), here's a picture of the vehicle.


For the record, ours is black.

1 comment:

JP said...

I really miss my home brew. I just brought a small set of stuff to hopefully make some cider in a month or two when all of the apples are harvested. I am going to have to make a few beers when I get back.