Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tulip Festival 2008

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all of you to which that applies. Hope you had a great day and was spoiled by your kids, significant other, etc. I think I did pretty well with Marilu. I was up at quarter after 6 this morning to watch Lucas after he woke up (note that I usually don't get up until after 8 even on weekdays), made her both breakfast and dinner, and bought her a bunch of nifty gifts, including this.

This was the second weekend of the annual Tulip Festival here in Ottawa so we decided to drive down and have a walk through it. As the name implies, it's pretty much just a bunch of people looking a tulips and assorted activities so not much to say. However, here's a couple of pictures taken while we were there.

This is taken from a small hill overlooking a section of the festival just to give you an idea of what the tulips looked like from a distance. For the record, this is just a small percentage of the tulips that are actually there.


A friendly passer-by was nice enough to offer to take the following picture of us. If I knew it would come out so well, I'd have more random people taking pictures of us.


Here, Lucas poses in front of just a few of the hundreds of tulip "statues" that can be found around the festival.


So that's it from the Tulip Festival this year. I'm way behind on pictures so I should have no lack of photos in the next week or two. Speaking of which, my dad is visiting for just over a week this coming Friday so I'm sure that will cause an influx of "Lucas and his Gramps" photos as well.

Also, Jon gave me a head's up about how to shrink the size of videos for uploading. If I can find that software (or something similar) and figure it out, there will be a veritable avalanche of videos, because there are a lot of videos I've wanted to post over the last (almost) 11 months, but long download times have prevented me thus far. If this software works, watch out.

Have a good night!

No comments: