Saturday, May 17, 2008

Anatomy of a meltdown

Before I forget, Marilu wanted me to announce that Lucas finally has his first teeth. Well, at least one tooth though she thinks another is coming in from the top. I hadn't mentioned it since she noticed it a few days ago since all you can do is feel it (when you are able to convince him to let you run your finger along his gum). So it's not really visible yet, were he to give you a grin, but it's basically there.

I look upon the occasion with both happiness and surprisingly, a little sadness. Happy since it's always good to see another milestone reached, but on the other hand, there was something so cute about those huge gum-filled smiles that Lucas was more than happy to give. It just makes me a little sad knowing that soon I'll never see them again. As much as I like seeing the little guy grow up, there's a part of me that wants to lock up this stage of his life and just keep it forever. Yeah, I'm sure he'll do other things that are cute and make him adorable as all get-out in the future, but this aspect of his life will forever be just a memory.

Guess I'll just have to get Marilu pregnant again so we can see it with his sister Raya. :)

Anyway, on to the topic of this post. Earlier tonight, I let Lucas play around with the digital camera for the first time. He was entranced by it for several minutes, looking at it from all side, and particularly interested when I turned it on and he could see pictures on the screen. As with all good things, this had to end when he started trying to chew on the camera. I took the camera away from him and this sent him into an instant meltdown. A pictorial journey of said meltdown, in both videos and photos, follows.














I tell ya, what a horrible life that kid leads, not being allowed to indiscriminately chew on digital cameras, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So Justin, you're to blame for the meltdown, huh? Shame on you for teasing the little man.

His tears were heartbreaking. Bad daddy!!!