Sunday, May 4, 2008

Back from California

I know, I know, it's been a couple of days since I posted, I apologize. But ask yourself, of all the other people you know with kids, how many of THEM post pictures as frequently as I do, if at all? Not only that, you get the pictures with a heaping dose (pile?) of my trademark sense of wit. How many people can offer that, I ask you?

I rest my case.

Before I move on to the pictures, I just wanted to update everyone on Lucas's current health since I realized last night I never commented on it. Everything is back to normal: no more diarrhea, there haven't been any further vomiting episodes, and his butt is sore-free. So it looks like he just had a stomach bug or something.

When we returned from California (April 21), we immediately played host to Marilu's brother Jonathan and his girlfriend Chantal, who were in town to see Lucas, shop, and do all the other fun things that Ottawa offers (give me a few minutes and I'll try to think of some of those things). One of the things that makes Lucas giggle with delight is riding on people's heads, and Jonathan gave him an opportunity right off the bat.


Over the past couple of months, Lucas has amassed a sort of kiddie garage, with a full selection of cars. Here we see him posing in front of his fleet. From left to right, he's got his big red car from Marilu's parents, the green dune buggy in the middle is from one of Marilu's co-workers, and finally, the rocketship on the right is from his godfather. The kid can definitely travel in style, no matter what the occasion.


Everyone knows babies can be messy when eating, but Lucas went through a phase during the week Jonathan and Chantal were here where he just did not want to eat what we were giving him. He would throw the food, spit it out, or grab it and do god knows what with it. As a result, he had some very messy meals. Observe.


Only a baby can regularly end up with their dinner in their hair.

Next up, I wanted to get a picture of Lucas in a t-shirt I bought him during my Washington DC trip from a couple of months back. He was real squirmy, and it took many, many shots to get one of him in the right position so this is about as good as I could get of the next guitar hero.


Here, the second coming of Eddy Van Halen tears up his motel room (aka his portable play area/crib) in a drunken rage (aka post-formula blues).


In the next post, I'll wrap up the week of Jonathan and Chantal's visit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! We know it's tough work keeping up the blogspot, but you're so good at it that our expectations are HIGH! Keep up your excellent work. Love you for the effort.

Anonymous said...

Luuuuv the chubby thighs. So cute.

Tracey