Wednesday, April 23, 2008

California, Day 2

Day 2 found me at work and found Lucas visiting his first zoo. It was the small Santa Ana Zoo, but that was about perfect for him since he doesn't really need the grandeur of something like the San Diego Zoo. I mean, why bring him to pandas when he doesn't know any better and a goat is new to him?

Here are several pictures from Marilu and Lucas's trip to SAZoo.


Lucas and the giant frog!



Apparently, the turkey does not amuse Lucas.


Lucas was fascinated by the goats as you can see by his face here. Marilu didn't bring him into the petting zoo since she was afraid he might aggravate the animals since he doesn't understand the concept of "petting." However, in a year or two, I think he's going to have a blast with the petting zoo, based on his reaction here and with the dog in Labrador City.


Next to a monkey statue.


Speaking of monkeys, Marilu bought Lucas a little stuffed monkey as a souvenir. You can see part of it in the photo below. I've named it Sazoo, in honor of the Santa Ana Zoo.


That night, we had dinner at Macaroni Grill, a fantastic Italian restaurant we enjoy visiting whenever we get down to the States. Here, Lucas colors on the paper tablecloth. Marilu fed him some macaroni and cheese we bought from the kid's menu, and every time Lucas would taste it, his whole body would shudder. I think he wasn't used to eating something so salty. Nonetheless, it was pretty amusing.


Back at the hotel room, Lucas made this less than flattering face.


For the record, I do have a bunch of video from the trip. Since they take a lot longer to upload than the pictures, I'm going to wait until I chronicle the trip via photos, and then I'll put up some videos.

See you tomorrow for Day 3! (and 4, since I only have a couple of pictures for Day 3)

No comments: