Saturday, December 17, 2011

Letter to Santa

This was the first year where Lucas could kinda/sorta write a letter to Santa. By that, I mean he wrote the opening and closing, and I filled in the main body of the letter based on what he said to me. Here's a picture of it.


In case you can't read it (click on the picture for a larger view), this is what it says:

"Dear Santa (that's Lucas's contribution, obviously. Either that or I've developed Parkinson's.)

Thank you for the gifts last year. I love you, Santa. I was very good today and mostly good this year. I want to be better. For this Christmas, I want a big Ninjago set, a big Star Wars set, and a new hockey shirt, Beyblades and Bakugans. Please can I have some candy.

Thank you Santa for my presents. I love you, Santa! Merry Christmas, Santa, and have a good day.

Love,
Lucas (he signed his own name)"

We sent the letter last week, and we've already received a response. I'm not sure if they do it in the States, but Canada Post has volunteers who write back to the kids. I'll post that tomorrow as well as the Santa video we made for Lucas. If you don't remember what I'm talking about, here is a refresher from last year: Santa Talks to Lucas. It's the last video in the entry.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Be sure to save that letter. It will be a precious momento one day. Can't wait to see the Santa video, but it can't possibly be any better than last year's. That was really special.
Love,
Mom