Tuesday, December 20, 2011

June 2011 Randoms

Here are some more photos from bright and sunny June 2011. In the first one, Lucas prepares to launch a water balloon at my mom, who was manning the camera. If she took that today, she would have been risking a concussion as it would have been an ice grenade.


Bewilderment!


For Father's Day, Lucas made me this shirt at daycare. Have I ever mentioned that his daycare provider Andrea is super mega fantastic?


As evidenced by the bowl, we ate a lot of damn chicken wings that night. I think genetics have cursed him with the Kryptonite-level weakness I have for my mom's chicken wings. And those at the Cheshire Cat Pub.


This picture was taken behind Parliament building in downtown Ottawa. There is a little structure that was built for all the stray cats. It's hard to see in this photo, but Lucas is delighted because there is a raccoon back there stealing all the cat's food. Good for him...serves those lazy cats right.


Nice shot of Marilu and Lucas at a restaurant we found downtown, the Black Tomato. It had a nice courtyard and a good beer selection, and if you know ANYTHING about me at all, you'll know that latter fact makes all the difference to me.


Here, Lucas tries out his brand-new skateboard. We didn't manage to make it off the grass this year, but next summer, I'm hoping to get him on the street. With full padding, of course. He'll be taking ski lessons this January so hopefully that will start developing his balance for these types of activities.


On June 28, we celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary. What better place to mark the occasion than the aforementioned Cheshire Cat Pub, our favorite restaurant in Ottawa. The best wings and the best beer selection! What more could one want in life?


1 comment:

Mom said...

How I long for those warm days of June! No ice on the lake yet, but it's coming. Can't wait to see pics of Lucas on the mountain on skis.