Sunday, December 18, 2011

Santa Video 2011

YouTube took its sweet time uploading the Portable North Pole videos, but they finally finished in the wee hours of the morning. I had to take two separate videos since the PNP video lasted a while, and I was afraid my point-and-click digital camera would stop on its own. Here they are...





In case you are interested, you can see the original video here.

One thing you'll notice in the video is that we decided not to put Lucas on the nice list. He's had a real issue with listening to us lately so we picked the naughty option. He's not horrible, by any means, but it's enough that we thought putting the fear of God (or Santa Claus, in this case) might help. However, I didn't want it to explicitly say he was on the naughty list since I didn't want to make him cry or depress him.

As you've seen if you watched it, the video just says he's not on the nice list yet and that he still has time to get on it before Christmas. Even with that, he did have a moment there toward the end where his bottom lip starting quivering a bit. Afterwards, Marilu explained to him that he is on a list between the naughty and nice, and that seemed to help. That said, we are using the threat of calling Santa every time he acts up, and it is working like a charm. Ah, sweet, sweet blackmail.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I haven't done Thierry's PNP video yet because I was waffling on the naughty or nice part. He's been a pain in the butt a fair bit recently as well (although a little better the past few days) and there have been calls to Santa. I'll have to watch this later at home - good to get a preview before I make up my mind. ;)