Monday, December 5, 2011

Hockey Night in Kanata

Tonight was a milestone night for Lucas, especially from a Canadian perspective. It was his very first NHL game. My mom and Kevin are visiting, and as luck would have it, Lucas's school had a discount on tickets for tonight's game so we had great lower level seats for a reasonable price. What made the game particularly special was that they were playing the Tampa Bay Lightning, which was my favorite team for several years when I lived in Florida.

It looked like it was going to be a snoozer, as it was 0-0 after the first period, but there were several goals in the last two periods, and the Sens ended up winning 4-2. You can't go wrong with a win for your first NHL game.

For what it's worth, Lucas paid attention for the first period and a half. The last half of the game was spent primarily playing games on my iPhone, but at that point, it was well past his bedtime so we were happy with him. One of the most humorous moments of the night came during the first Sens goal. For those of you who have not attended an NHL game, after a home team goal, a very loud horn goes off and the crowd typically goes wild. I don't think Lucas was prepared for this, and he looked scared when it first happened. I picked him up to watch the celebration, and he regained his composure, but it was kind of funny to see the deer-in-headlights look immediately after the goal.

I'll probably have more pics from my mom's camera at a later date, but here's one we took on Marilu's iPhone. Enjoy!


No comments: